Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club
Ainsley Gommon designed the internal fit-out of the new club house for the Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club following the loss of their previous boathouse in a fire. The club secured lottery funding to carry out the work to provide a new facility which was officially opened in April 2004 by Sir Steven Redgrave.
The Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club was founded in 1884, and since that time the club has seen several changes in the development of the area, including the formation of the docks and the subsequent running down of the dock estate during the 1980’s.
The club building is located on West Float in Wallasey over-looking the water, and provides facilities for conferences, smaller meetings and social events including private dinners. The upper floor also provides male and female changing rooms and shower facilities, a training room, a bar lounge, a kitchen and a committee room. The internal fit out work also included the installation of an accessible lift.
Since the completion of the new club house, the club has built a new thirty metre floating pontoon.
The project enabled the club to provide a new accessible building offering improved facilities for it’s existing members, with the aim of attracting new members interested in getting involved with rowing.